How Simcoe Osteopathy Can Help You
Do you have back pain, sciatica, numbness or tingling down your arm or leg, neck pain, headache?
These are very common complaints, however, this is a small sampling of the many health issues that can be helped with Osteopathy.
Your initial appointment will encompass a thorough assessment and osteopathic treatment session moving you to a healthier body with reduced aches and pains that result from untreated postural dysfunction.
As an osteopathic manual practitioner, I have worked with thousands of patients and understand the functional anatomy and physiology that may present as dysfunctional postural patterns in the body. Patients express symptoms such as pain and disturbed body function in endless ways.
My work revolves around discovering and unravelling the source of these dysfunctional patterns in the body in order to support and encourage the body's natural healing ability.
Osteopathic care leads to corrected body structure which ultimately yields great health and vitality.
Benefits of Osteopathy
Osteopathy addresses pain and the more importantly the source of the pain
- Enables the reduction of pain that is chronic or acute
- Increases spinal function
- Increases upper and lower limb joint function by addressing the source of the problem
- Normalizes dysfunctional postural patterns that lead to compromised health
Osteopathy works with you through non-invasive gentle movement
- Movement of the body is paramount in osteopathic treatment.
- Correction of abnormal movement improves your framework (muscular and skeletal system) leading to improved health in all tissues and all systems in the body
- Osteopathy supports the self-healing and self-regulating mechanism of all systems in the body
Osteopathy supports stabilization of the body to optimally adapt to changes that occur
- Decreases swelling, inflammation, adhesions and pain in injury
- Reduces healing time and treats trauma resulting from accidents and occupational stressors (i.e. sport injuries, falls, sprains/strains, etc.)
- During pregnancy the body undergoes many hormonal and structural changes that can be experienced with ease
- Osteopathy is appropriate for all ages
Fortunately following a head injury, Sheryl was instrumental in getting me out of bed. I was unable to stay awake longer than 20 minutes at a time and suffered severe headaches and nausea. After seeing Sheryl for a session, my headache was gone and I was awake! Headaches and fatigue have lessened. I can see a complete recovery.Joanne P.
I have suffered from lower back pain for years. I have tried massage, physiotherapy, and acupuncture. All of these had their positive results, but Osteopathy was like bringing them all together in one. The science behind it make sense to me and more importantly, it works! I recommend Sheryl to anyone suffering from back pain.Kathleen W.
Following a lengthy sick leave and returning to work and ramping up my physical activity, my alignment wasn't quite right. Two osteo sessions with Sheryl helped to gently move things 'back into place' relieved the discomfort that comes when your joints don't articulate as smoothly as they should. I try to explain osteo to others. I honestly don't know how but it works.Michele C.
After years and years of suffering from lower back pain and discomfort; Sheryl has stabilized my back and skeletal structure. The improvements from her treatments have increased my mobility and I'm on the road to a healthier,more active lifestyle.Rob L.
Thanks to Sheryl's treatments, I am able to continue in a physical job without the pain. I would highly recommend her treatments for anyone whose job causes repetitive physical strain. Thanks for the help you have been to me.Marvin W.
Osteopathy was able to achieve relief for me in ways that other modalities were not able to. I have recommended, and continue to recommend Sheryl to others.A.H.